GSN (Game Show Network)

www.gsn.com
  www.gsn.com
There are newer employer reviews for GSN (Game Show Network)

THE best place to work by far

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GSN (Game Show Network) as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I love working with the recruiting team at GSN. We're a small but scrappy group of folks and there's always daily challenges to meet. Opportunities for personal and career development are unlimited. My responsibilities have expanded quickly within the past six months of being here due to the aggressive growth track of our nationwide offices.

The company's collaborative team culture is excellent as well and the fun monthly events help to maintain a sense of camaraderie between employees. In short, I go to work here feeling like I am actually contributing something important to the company while having fun doing it!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Continue to recognize great work from employees and maintain an encouraging, collaborative environment.

23 Other Employee Reviews for GSN (Game Show Network) (View Most Recent)

Strong internship program

Former Employee - Programming Intern in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Programming Intern in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at GSN (Game Show Network) as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The internship program strives to really educate its interns instead of making interns get coffee.
    Smaller company so more attention on you as an intern.
    Each intern gets the opportunity to pitch a game show to executives - great feedback is given!
    Lunch in office is only $3 bucks or $6 if you want the salad bar and hot meal. Free beverages whenever though!
    Get to sit in on pitch meetings and are encouraged to speak up.

Cons

As stated, a smaller company so less of a chance for a job offer unless one happens to open up.

GSN Digital: great people, lousy products.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Waltham, MA

I worked at GSN (Game Show Network) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Talented, friendly employees. Everyone is extremely approachable - "open door" policy is a reality. Work/Life balance is very good. including flexible hours and remote work. Opportunities to extend skills by attending a conference, taking a class, etc.

Cons

Santa Monica calls the shots and controls the purse strings, which limits Waltham's reach.
    Ultimately, GSN Digital is more of a game publisher than a development shop. Product developers spend their time fixing existing broken projects done by outsourcers, or revising back catalog titles. Because of this work load, there is little room for innovation or experimentation.

Identify how your business fits into the game industry to provide a clear message to potential hires.

Take some risks by developing some diversification to in your product offerings. Customers are savvier than ever and user fatigue is a real thing - just ask Zynga. Do not wait for the 25th slot machine or 19th bingo game to figure this out.

Stop sending product development out the door when you have world-class talent (veterans from EA, Epic, Turbine, 38 Studios, etc) under your roof. Leverage the skills and talents you are already paying for.

There are newer employer reviews for GSN (Game Show Network)