GT Advanced Technologies

www.gtat.com
There are newer employer reviews for GT Advanced Technologies

Good place to work - if you have the right manager

I worked at GT Advanced Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing industry. Room for upward mobility. Fair compensation and benefits.

Cons

Low moral since company was overrun with cutthroat upper management. Former management and staff quickly replaced. Not a place for happy people anymore, but if you are aggressive and your career is all that matters in your life, it might be for you.

Remember that employees are more than just a cog in a machine. Also, take it down a notch and exhibit your human side.

44 Other Employee Reviews for GT Advanced Technologies (View Most Recent)

My Experience at GT.

Former Employee - Growth Production Tech in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Growth Production Tech in Mesa, AZ

I worked at GT Advanced Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very positive middle management. Great employee spirit and team to work with. Great in office approach by management. Great insurance benefits. Good pay and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Wreckless decision making by top management which subsequently cost a large bunch of jobs.

Build your foundation before the house. You can't fix a car's wheels while it is running down the street.

Challenging and interesting

I worked at GT Advanced Technologies

Pros

I was in a different position other than just a worker. I was a Lead, helped trained people, worked closely with my supervisor to keep production moving. I learned how to input data into MES.

Cons

The company was unstructured. Hardly anyone was communicating and there were too many tests and recipes going on with product. Every day, rules kept changing and it got confusing to a point.

Stop confusing employees. Keep to a structure and quit changing everything all at once.

There are newer employer reviews for GT Advanced Technologies