Difficult for new people to learn, people hold on to knowledge as a source of power

I worked at GTECH Holdings

Pros

Opportunity for technical staff to be challenged professionally.

Cons

Understaffed and the company expects everyone to do whatever it takes to get the job done - hero mentality. The job comes with 60+ hours as the norm - impacts personal life significantly.

Work to acheive a better work/life balance. Communication from Sr. Mgt. is minimal - talk to us!

Other Reviews for GTECH Holdings

Not Good

I have been working at GTECH Holdings

Pros

Honestly, the only good thing I had while being with G Tech was the benefits.

Cons

Gtech Printing corporation had to be one of my worst working experiences ever. The customer service reps and office people keep piling on orders to the press department and packaging, however there is lack of communication to these departments on how to run their so called 43 million dollar equipment. The CEO of the company never shows his face in the plant but instead has interviews to the company via Internet on the companies break room TV. The paper rolls that are used for printing their product get wasted on a daily basis as well as the inks. Maintenance dept. Never regulary services the machinery and constantly is running into troubleshooting they don't solve. (I witnessed maintenance employees resign). The Leads and 75 percent of the people on the floor can't speak proper English (which also is another reason for lack of communication). The company also ensures their customers quality, but there is no quality team set in place and management overlooks product sent out the door. If I was a customer or person considering employment at Gtech Printing Corporation I would think twice. I truly don't believe they value their people as much as they make it out to seem like. Don't get me wrong the company makes a killing of money but most of the employed in that plant won't see much of it. They didn't even give raises for almost 2 years straight. You will be lucky if they buy you lunch or safety shoes and that's about it.

Hire management who is going to step up to the plate and not strikeout.

Stagnant, but a paycheck is a paycheck.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at GTECH Holdings

Pros

Easy money, low-stress environment, decent benefits.

Cons

No training program, no competitive pay, poor (if any) communication from upper mgmt., no advancement.

Give your workers some incentive to stick around awhile. We service machines from various manufactures, but get paid less than companies who just service their own. Devise a structured training program. Promote accordingly- an employee should not be doing the lead's work without receiving the lead's pay. Offer something other than excuses.

There are newer employer reviews for GTECH Holdings.

Worked for GTECH Holdings? Contribute to the Community!