GTECH Holdings
www.gtech.com Providence, RI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Employees as Disposable

Computer Operator (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at GTECH Holdings full-time for more than a year

ProsPlenty of jobs in middle-management due to high turnover, usually lots of down-time to study if you are a student and have a permissive supervisor.

ConsTiniest mistakes become write-ups and are never forgotten by management. Management is quick to reprove but never praises. Upper management treats those below them as highly disposable and quickly replaced, despite the need for long-term training and familiarization with the systems. Payment is low compared to similar positions, and everyone is expected to want to move into management although the expected overtime and on-call time make management essentially a pay-cut, particularly if you are nightshift.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that the workforce is human and that training and skills take time to acquire. Acknowledge when good work is done

Very nice comany, but entry level was not paid enough.

Marketing Representative I (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at GTECH Holdings

Pros: The people were wonderful and they had great benefits. Cons: Low salary. Our state lost a state bid and… Advice to Senior Management: More advice or help when states lose a state bid. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Contraversial

Principal Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Providence, RI

I have been working at GTECH Holdings

Pros: GTECH can be a fun place to work, if you are on the product development, deployment side of the house, it is fast paced, exciting,… Cons: Teamwork and interdepartment relations can be challenging. Technical change… Advice to Senior Management: Get to know more of his people. Challenge all his Directors and Managers to ensure that their people are taken care, financially, technically for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GTECH Holdings.

Worked for GTECH Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GTECH Holdings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GTECH Holdings CEO Jaymin B. Patel. All reviews posted anonymously by GTECH Holdings employees.