Contraversial

Current Employee - Principal Systems Analyst in Providence, RI
Current Employee - Principal Systems Analyst in Providence, RI

I have been working at GTECH Holdings

Pros

GTECH can be a fun place to work, if you are on the product development, deployment side of the house, it is fast paced, exciting, and cutting edge. If you enjoy travel, technology, fast paced environment this is the place for you.

On the operational side of the house it can be challenging to effect change for the better. This is the gaming industry and excitement should be par for the course.

Cons

Teamwork and interdepartment relations can be challenging. Technical change internally can be challenging, which surprises a technologist.

Advice to Management

Get to know more of his people. Challenge all his Directors and Managers to ensure that their people are taken care, financially, technically for their position, knowledge sharing and gaining, and challenge all departments to begin finding ways to share and streamline processes. All departments create knowledge, and no department is willing to identify commonalities in knowledge creation and sharing.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall, a good experience

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at GTECH Holdings

Pros

I find that the job stays fresh as I get to work on a variety of differing tasks. There is definitely opportunity here for a more straightforward single project development cycle, however, my position has me rotating between projects every 4-5 months.

High level of mutual respect, and a very positive environment.

The company is constantly focused on internal improvement.

Cons

Some people might not like the degree of independence; projects tend to be organized in such a way that you are the [only] subject matter expert associated with it. It can be scary to some people not used to heavy self-reliance.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more of the strategic direction of the company; at my level I feel a bit insulated from this.

2. software engineer

I worked at GTECH Holdings full-time

Pros

A job at GTECH provides a nice chance to help develop a lottery system and understand how a lottery actually works in the world.

Cons

Quite some office politics, high turn over rate. The concept of "gambling" might have bad impacts to people's work ethics here.

Advice to Management

Please value people and their work more and treat employees better. Make more informed decision about work and management. No "gambling" at workplace.