There are newer employer reviews for GVTC

GVTC is a Great place to work.

Current Employee - I & R Tech in New Braunfels, TX
Current Employee - I & R Tech in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at GVTC

Pros

Great benefits 401K, Eye, Dental and Health Insurance very affordable
Leading edge of Technology
Yearly Bonus
Great group of people to work with.

Cons

Advancement leaves alot to be desired.
Communication between departments is next to none no one seems to know what changes have been made till after its done.
Repairs that needs to be done take too long and when you find out they have been done it may be weeks later or never.

Advice to Management

Bring all departments into a single unit and allow everyone to communicate with each other on how the repair projects are going. The CSR's. The I &R Techs. The Engineer Dept. The C O Dept. And The NOC Dept. all need to be in communication together on all projects. We need to get these projects completed in a timely manner to Retain our Customer Accounts so that when we are selling new accounts the company grows instead of staying around the same Number of subscribers year after year.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A Good Old Boy Company

I worked at GVTC

Pros

Great hours, decent pay, decent benefits, etc.

Cons

No room for advancement.....the position you're hired into will be the only position you have there.

Advice to Management

Communicate, communicate, communicate.....and trim some of the upper management "fat".

2. Not a company if you have integrity and pride in what you do.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at GVTC

Pros

Small company, a break from Corporate USA. Comprehensive medical plan, somewhat competitive. Strong infrastructure and company owned facilities are an asset.

Cons

Small town company's often employee small minded employees thus retarding growth potential and the ability to remain competitive. The integrity of the company is damaged and subscribership is limited to monopoly and no customer choice. The archaic management style and the lack of leadership insight will continue to choke any possibilities to continue as a provider. As the competition continues to move into this territory, customer bases will continue to decrease.

Advice to Management

Employee diversity and embrace it. Learn from your competitors and place more emphasis on your CHANGE. Value your customers and step up your game in providing customer service. Upper management should be more engaged in daily operations and results.