support theater

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist I in Brook Park, OH
Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist I in Brook Park, OH

I have been working at GXS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse problems present opportunities for clever solutions. 10% shift bonus. Critical support for hundreds of companies.

Cons

ZERO entrepreneurial spirit. Nothing is ever improved. Creativity is not encouraged or rewarded.

Advice to Management

There is no innovation inside the company for radically changing our costs. GXS will never become more profitable, and thus our investors, Francisco Partner's, will never be able to sell GXS. Increasing sales is not changing the company into a more profitable company. Only radical surgery will ever transform GXS, and that will have to start at the top, but it will need to reach to within 2 levels of the bottom, the rot has spread too far to salvage most of the non-technical management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not recommended unless you don't mind fighting fires all the time.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brook Park, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brook Park, OH

I worked at GXS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits were the best I ever had. My co-workers and manager helped me the best they could. The company hired me when no other technology company would, and I was exposed to the e-commerce industry. GXS has many Fortune 500 and international clients and continues to grow.

Cons

When I was hired, I received almost no training to do my job. Documentation for how to do common tasks was almost nonexistent. The work environment was chaotic and full of pressure. Crises occurred on a daily basis from faulty systems and high-impact production issues. Everyone in my department felt frustrated most of the time from not knowing how to do their job or not having the tools to do their job. Poor communication between departments hurt customer service. Customers often complained about poor service and had to escalate issues just to get them resolved. Layoffs have resulted in understaffed departments. Senior management focuses too much on sales growth and not enough on service quality.

Advice to Management

Develop thorough training programs for all new employees, especially those who have never worked for an e-commerce company before. Hire more people to handle the growth in business GXS has seen. We know you want to get more business, but we also need to improve service to our existing customers so we don't lose them. Employees are burning out and quitting because they have to do so much with so little. We want to provide better service and stay with the company, but we need lots more support from above to do so.

Good B2B Platform

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at GXS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with - that's a 5 for the Austin, Tx office. I believe they finally made it to a smoother, 100% agile process, which is a wonderful thing indeed. The platform is extremely versatile, so many business engagements can be solved.

Cons

The company was not 100% agile/scrum at first, so a lot of product management was a cluster.

Advice to Management

During a takeover, give a clear plan on who's staying and how you care about their career. I almost stayed, but the plans were just too murky for me.