There are newer employer reviews for GXS

Great place for working mothers

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at GXS

Pros

Reasonable Technical Challenges
Work life balance
Proximity to the City
Do your work and manager will not mind meeting you again

Cons

Promotions subjective
Knowledge sharing is absent

Transform the company to be an innovative one rather than one which will be taken over.

111 Other Employee Reviews for GXS (View Most Recent)

Finance and sales run the company not the businesses.

I have been working at GXS

Pros

Work hours and work load are not overwhelming.

Cons

Budgets rule the company. If you don't budget for something a year in advance it can't happen. Difficult to generate new business opportunities and little investment in new markets and products.

Move the compan.y forward into new markets and products. More flexability should be given to the businesses to deliver results

Constant chaos, careening from crisis to crisis

Current Employee - Technial Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Technial Support Analyst

I have been working at GXS

Pros

Flexibility about time off. I guess I'm lucky to have a job when so many others don't.

Cons

Benefit cuts, long unrewarded hours, constant feelings of job insecurit., They expect so much yet my pay and benefits have been dropping for several years now. I've remained because the job market has been so bad. Senior management has used the economic crisis to bludgeon employees. I'm told I'm required to work overtime, but forbidden to claim overtime pay. They neither appreciate nor reward hard work. I haven't had a raise that exceeded the inflation rate since 2006, despite consistenly exceeding expectations in annual reviews. Cutting company 401k contributions, then spending $750 million for acquisitions in the same year is a recipe to destroy the morale of the employees who are responsible for the success of the company. The executive aristocracy neither knows nor cares what really goes on in the trenches. I lost hope when local management began discourraging employees from voicing opinions during company wide town hall meetings setup for that expresses purpose. I feel abused, it's like being trapped in a bad relationship.

They really need to stop sending these travelogue e-mail updates, i don't care how many countries the CEO has visited, no doubt flying first class, when line employees can't travel even when it would clearly be of benefit to the company. It kills morale. The business plan seems to be to buy up competitors and break them so GXS avoids actually having to compete with them. The use of acquistions and cost cutting to drive the bottom line while ignoring critical systems and employess is not a plan for success. Reward your employees, giving less than 3% raises to top performers is an insult, not a reward.

There are newer employer reviews for GXS