Great Place To Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gables Residential full-time

Pros

Gables has a great culture, that values having fun, community involvement and truly taking care of our residents. The majority of employees are truly happy to come in to work every day. There are solid benefits programs including a sabatical program after 10 years then every 5 after that. It is a professional environment that is constantly looking to evovle.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative!

Advice to Management

Have more interaction with different levels of the organization. I think due to our upper level management being spread out throughout the county many of us see very little of our executive team and lack a connection with them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Training, Great People, Too Political

Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gables Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is the best in the industry.
    Great people to work with
    Community environment.

Cons

Politics rules with upper managment.
    Results don't mean anything if you aren't a certain look or feel for a specific area.
    They will use tactics so that you can do what they want you to do and not necessarily what's best.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees.
    Listen when they are complaining for everything they are saying isn't out of spite.
    When managers and employees don't get along then do your research in fixing that relationship or moving employees.
    Regional managers- it's not just about the bottom line and gossip in the workplace causes trouble.

2. Effective leadership, decent pay, company culture that cares and is fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Gables Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the corporate office, I work 9 - 5, giving me time to get my kids to school and get home in time for dinner. I recently received a pay increase due to taking on more responsibility--but it was done without me even having to ask. I feel engaged, valued and appreciated. I regularly go to off-site trainings to increase my job skills. Internally, the training offered is fun and effective. The company works to remain on the cutting edge of technology, and its operating is smooth and very fine-tuned. During the recent economic downturn, only a few jobs were lost in the construction/development business while the rest of the company remained solvent and worked judiciously to reduce costs, increase revenue, but still focus on long-term investment for the future. The company offers a sabbatical after 10 years with the company (6 weeks paid time off).

Cons

Executive communication could be more regular and offered through various media. Corporate results could be distributed to lower tiers in the company better. Vacation time doesn't increase until you've been with the company 5 years and vacation time is standard--not an incentive to join or remain.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the happiness of your associates, and you will continue to grow as a company. Request input from the onsite teams in terms of technology and streamlining of current procedures--innovation will be key for us to remain at the top of property management. Consider changing the ways sales teams are paid to emphasize a higher commission for the leasing teams to gain true, long-term sales associates. Increase vacation time at 3 years vs. 5. Consider overall increase of vacation time to meet the needs of Gen Y employees who value free time as much as their work.