Pleasantly Surprised .. No Regrets

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at GalaxE.Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accepting job entailed moving back home to Detroit. All reviews about company not good Thus a tough decision to make. Long story short accepted position. 1 year later can report that GalaxE is a good place to work and provides unique opportunities . Can say this after 40 years of having worked worldwide Love co-workers and positive vibe.

Cons

Long hours and demanding. The commute.

Communication from senior management lacking at times.

Other Reviews for GalaxE.Solutions

Look Elsewhere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at GalaxE.Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only Pro I can think of is, when they give you your walking papers, its like getting released from prison, and you get a chance to get off your butt and get another job.

Cons

Cons, there are too many to mention. But first let me say, look elsewhere, they are bound to make you miserable. In addition, the employee situation is nothing but a revolving door. No one is secure.

I also want to make sure I mention this, it gives you a look into their mentality. Those 5 star reviews you read; Employees were asked to write them to balance out the negative reviews.

Pay is low and they will work you to the bone. They expect you to work on overtime, weekends, holidays etc: without as much as a thank you, let alone compensation.

I do not wish to list any more cons, but I feel this must be mentioned. When people get fired and they walk out with a smile and looking better than they have been since they walked into the door for the very first time....that alone should sum up the work place of GalaxE.Solutions.

Just call it quits already and put everyone out of their misery.

Completely Disorganized Meat Grinder - Don't believe the Spin

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Detroit, MI

I worked at GalaxE.Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked with some great people.

Cons

No work for weeks at a time. I like staying busy, and doing nothing was almost as much torture as the 80+ hr. Weeks/months that followed. We worked through the holidays and never got holiday pay on top of the time we worked during those holidays. This also meant losing any vacation I had stored up. I don't mind working hard, but to almost kill myself for a project with no merit from the get go was adding insult to injury.

I read a review which said the people who left couldn't cut the fast pace. Well let me say that I was very good at what I did, even creating documentation for the rest of the team to help them understand the process we were using, but there is only so much BS a person can take, and like one of the other reviews I read, I am bitter from what I went through. 29 hour days, 9 hour conference calls and deadlines every night at midnight severly affected my health. Thankfully, I've been able to move on to a much better job with good hours and management that isn't focused so much on pleasing the client that they trample their employees in the process.

If the other reviews are actually truthful, I am happy you are happy. But I understand this is not the case for others.

Don't make promises you can't keep. Also, don't spout things that obviously aren't true. It make morale even worse.

There are newer employer reviews for GalaxE.Solutions.

Worked for GalaxE.Solutions? Contribute to the Community!