Galaxy Systems

www.galaxysi.com

The most dysfunctional organization in every possible category.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsI've had the privilege to work with extremely talented people. Unfortunately, they don't stick around long after it's realized what an atrocious, dysfunctional company this is. Most find a better opportunity within 3 months.

ConsI can't accentuate enough the appalling treatment of employees. There is a huge disrespect for employees. Major lack of management ability, lack of professionalism and lack of communication with employees are very prominent.

To put it bluntly, there is a revolving door here and no talented employees remain for any length of time. To get unemployed talented people to come on board, they have been known to lie to them in their offer letter. Then when they come on board, it is discovered that they are not hired for the job they are lead to believe they are accepting. This is a common practice.

Benefits are tremendously lacking. What few benefits they do have are EXTREMELY costly to employees due to the lack of contribution on behalf of the company. There is very little PTO and vacation time available to any employees. There are very stringent rules against using any vacation and PTO/sick time and it is looked down upon if you do want to use it. There is no work at home option for any employees except a for a few privileged managers. This company is extremely "cheap" and employees are not given the tools to do their jobs in an adequate manner. hey are extremely 'secretive' about the organization and it's business processes and practices or lack thereof. The internal business practices with employees they DO have are extremely unethical and alarming, to put it mildly. It will be only a matter of time before their clients learn the internal aspects mentioned here and look elsewhere for a business partner.

It is unlike anything I've ever seen or experienced in my 25+ years of business. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to retain smart, talented employees, change every aspect of the way you treat your employees. Involve them in decision making. Contribute more to the few benefits you offer to employees. Improve upon the lack of work-life benefits to employees. If you continue to treat employees in the current manner, you will lose good, talented employees and over time you'll be left with the bottom of the barrel, if you remain in business at all.

Worst job I ever had!

Training Administrator (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

I worked at Galaxy Systems

Pros: Had the plesure to work with some smart people who quickly left the company… Cons: Upper management lacking in any ability to efficiently direct their teams. There is a considerable amount of arguing and unprofessional language used at all… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees fairly. Stop taking advantage of people in desperate for jobs. Once the economy comes back you will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good experience with Projects

Web Developer (Former Employee) Somerset, NJ

I worked at Galaxy Systems

Pros: Very interesting projects to work on. Good paced environment. Cons: Poor administration negotiating salaries. Fight for your own good. Not… More
There are newer reviews on Galaxy Systems.

Worked for Galaxy Systems? Contribute to the Community!