There are newer employer reviews for Galaxy Systems

The most dysfunctional organization in every possible category.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Galaxy Systems

Pros

I've had the privilege to work with extremely talented people. Unfortunately, they don't stick around long after it's realized what an atrocious, dysfunctional company this is. Most find a better opportunity within 3 months.

Cons

I can't accentuate enough the appalling treatment of employees. There is a huge disrespect for employees. Major lack of management ability, lack of professionalism and lack of communication with employees are very prominent.

To put it bluntly, there is a revolving door here and no talented employees remain for any length of time. To get unemployed talented people to come on board, they have been known to lie to them in their offer letter. Then when they come on board, it is discovered that they are not hired for the job they are lead to believe they are accepting. This is a common practice.

Benefits are tremendously lacking. What few benefits they do have are EXTREMELY costly to employees due to the lack of contribution on behalf of the company. There is very little PTO and vacation time available to any employees. There are very stringent rules against using any vacation and PTO/sick time and it is looked down upon if you do want to use it. There is no work at home option for any employees except a for a few privileged managers. This company is extremely "cheap" and employees are not given the tools to do their jobs in an adequate manner. hey are extremely 'secretive' about the organization and it's business processes and practices or lack thereof. The internal business practices with employees they DO have are extremely unethical and alarming, to put it mildly. It will be only a matter of time before their clients learn the internal aspects mentioned here and look elsewhere for a business partner.

It is unlike anything I've ever seen or experienced in my 25+ years of business. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

If you want to retain smart, talented employees, change every aspect of the way you treat your employees. Involve them in decision making. Contribute more to the few benefits you offer to employees. Improve upon the lack of work-life benefits to employees. If you continue to treat employees in the current manner, you will lose good, talented employees and over time you'll be left with the bottom of the barrel, if you remain in business at all.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Galaxy Systems (View Most Recent)

Worst job I ever had!

Former Employee - Training Administrator in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Training Administrator in Detroit, MI

I worked at Galaxy Systems

Pros

Had the plesure to work with some smart people who quickly left the company for better opportunities. A good place to work while you look for another job.

Cons

Upper management lacking in any ability to efficiently direct their teams. There is a considerable amount of arguing and unprofessional language used at all levels of the organization. Employees are never made aware of the corporate/department vision - everything is a big secret. Horrible benefits, vacation and PTO time. Make sure you get all pre-employment agreements in writing.

Treat your employees fairly. Stop taking advantage of people in desperate for jobs. Once the economy comes back you will have no employees left to work at your company. All the good employeees would have left for good jobs at good companies.

Good experience with Projects

Former Employee - Web Developer in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Galaxy Systems

Pros

Very interesting projects to work on. Good paced environment.

Cons

Poor administration negotiating salaries. Fight for your own good. Not equal level of pay to everyone at the same level.

There are newer employer reviews for Galaxy Systems