Gallaudet

www.gallaudet.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Gallaudet

It's a great experience working for Gallaudet

I have been working at Gallaudet

Pros

The support from colleagues in a thriving company (Gallaudet). The chance for professional development is sublime and work and life balance is really good.

Cons

A lot of red tape to go through to get something done - especially for the students. It needs some kind of reform for removing the red tapes to better support the students.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Gallaudet (View Most Recent)

Good, Bad, and Ugly

I have been working at Gallaudet

Pros

Pay seems to be above average and you get both private and federal benefits.

Cons

It serves a deaf community and there are differences between hearing and deaf cultures. No one really addresses the differences at all. No emphasis is put on helping employee's learn ASL and about the deaf community. Many units are decentralized and do not promote information sharing. Technology is about 20 years behind a normal organization.

focus on finance office personnel changes.

Grand pride in the University as a student (more than 6 years)

Former Employee - Building Supervisor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Building Supervisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Gallaudet part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My positions were as a student assistant, and a building supervisor for the Office of Alumni Relations. They were great at letting me be flexible with my hours, and giving me the chance to focus on my education. My Executive Director, and Assist Executive Director that I worked with all were very supportive of any projects, and building supervisor that I worked on.

Cons

The only downside was that I graduated, and i could not work in my positions anymore. My building supervisor position was reduced to a part time contract employee working hours.

Keep doing what you are doing. You all are tremendously!

There are newer employer reviews for Gallaudet