Galleria Marketing

Door to Door Marketing

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Galleria Marketing

Pros

I dint think this place had any pros except people completing their targets and after sometime they can open their own office but that took a lot of door banging and selling people things they don't need!

Cons

No Transport allowance: You are given an area and have to cover all the business place in your own car, and you are not reimbursed the expense

Door to Door sales: They call this B2B marketing grow up peole understand the difference between sales and marketing

Commission based: No base salary just commission make around 7% on sales of a item it would increase if you go up the ladder but no matter what positions you hold you will also have to sell!

either they have staples or at&t or some other office supplies giant whose products you have to sell!

Please let people know before hand what they are getting into Like: "You can't make any money as we don't pay the expenses!!!!" so join us!

14 Other Employee Reviews for Galleria Marketing (View Most Recent)

A lot of smoke and mirrors

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Houston, TX

I worked at Galleria Marketing

Pros

Younger crowd, with everyone getting along pretty well. Quick promotion to 'Corporate Trainer,' but you don't stay with the company if you DON'T get promoted to Corporate Trainer. Opportunity for advancement to eventually open your own office elsewhere.

Cons

Super long hours, I'm talking 7:30 am until 6:30 pm, and working some Saturdays. The job is strictly commission, and there are no expense accounts to help cover costs of traveling to and from your territory, using your cell phone to place calls, etc. All cold calling, which isn't bad because that's what B2B entails, but people are SO not happy to see you.

Management could stand to be a bit more supportive and a bit more realistic in your plans for the future. While it's true that there is are opportunities for advancement to Assistant, and Director of Operations (where you open your own office in another city), the odds of that are happening to are slim to none. Management will consistently tell you that not everyone will make it, but at the same time push you to recruit for them as hard as you possibly can. You need to build a team in order to get promoted, which is difficult to do with the high turnover.

I worked there until I was essentially broke, trying to make it to Assistant, and finally couldn't do it anymore. Definitely would not recommend the job for recent graduates if they are living on their own and/or paying off student loans... it's too hard to have a consistent paycheck, despite working your butt off.

I understand the concept of the job, I really do, but it's difficult for someone who is just starting in with sales to scrape together a living when there is no base, no benefits, no expense accounts, and little-if any-time off. Be more realistic and up-front with both interviewees and new employees about what the job entails, what they are needed to do, and the odds of success at getting into Management. I agree with the idea that 'only the strong survive,' but I feel you lose a lot of the greats because they are either disheartened at having nothing to fall back on if they have a bad week, or they work themselves into debt trying to succeed.

Door to door sales never looked so good

I worked at Galleria Marketing

Pros

Very professional atmosphere and manner of interview

Cons

It turns out to be another door to door sales company.

Don't tell people it's not door to door sales and then send them out into the field to sell GIFT CARDS DOOR TO DOOR!

There are newer employer reviews for Galleria Marketing