There are newer employer reviews for Gallup

Not only a great place to work, but great clients to work with

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

Knowing that at the end of the day our work has taken hold and changed how our clients do business is extremely empowering. However, I would say how we get to that point is what makes it a great place to work on a daily basis. Our consulting practice relies on the expertise and background of our team members, understanding of the clients business and industry knowledge as well as research methodologies that are unparallelled. Pulling all this together to solve a clients issue is pretty great way to spend a workday.

Cons

Gallup's feedback loop could be a little more "in the moment". You need to know where you need to improve so that you can work on it.

262 Other Employee Reviews for Gallup (View Most Recent)

Not a good place to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

Opportunity to work in a unique environment.

Cons

1) Less encouragement and recognition for the work done
    2) People are rude (sometimes harsh and disrespectful behavior)
    3) Tough people to work with
    4) Less salary
    5) Not a good place to start a career.
    6) Micro management

Please don't micro manage people. Be nice to the employees and encourage them.

Great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

A company whose culture is driven by pay for performance. If you are motivated, smart, and enjoy working in a team effort, this is an unbelievable work environment.
    There is great senior leadership in place. The organization has experienced excellent organic growth and does top notch work.
    You are surrounded by over-achievers from the moment you walk in the front door. (I see this as a huge incentive and a motivation to try harder.)

Cons

If you are the type who wants to get paid based on your title or your degree, you are out of luck. Get results, or find another job. Some people thrive in this culture, and are well compensated for their effort. Others just want to ride a desk and find the end of the internet. This company is not for them.
    You are surrounded by over-achievers from the moment you walk in the front door. (Some see this as a negative because they can't compete, or underperform.)

Great job on leading an organization to success. It is nice to know that I work for an organization on solid financial footing in difficult times. Thanks for giving our tribe the tools to do great work, and helping us make an impact for our clients every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Gallup