Gallup

Now a Culture of Fear with More Undergrads Behind the Wheel

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

There are amazing, talented people at Gallup (although just as many have left). You'll be introduced to concepts that make an amazing workplace (you just won't find them practiced at Gallup).

Cons

As many of the earlier posts indicate, Gallup has undergone a massive organizational change. While the change as an idea might be positive, the execution of this change has ruined the morale, the culture, and the reputation of the company. The earlier posts recap this in great detail and with high accuracy. The bottom line is that employees who naturally worked long hours (over 2300), felt motivated to exceed expectations, and who gave EVERYTHING to the organization were disrespected and reminded that even the most perfect company is still a business. It's not about the reduced pay or pay caps, it's about senior leaders bragging about the financial success the company is now enjoying (um, it's likely due to the surplus in payroll you have). It's not about the true lack of transparency; it's about the fact that we pretend to be transparent. It's not about some turnover following the change; it's about treating those once valued employees as crap and replacing them with 21 year olds. It's not about all of the new policies and rules; it's about asking for your employees input on what changes make the most sense for those most affected.

It is saddening to read these posts because so many people were emotionally impacted by the change. Before, I didn't need a website because I'd actively tell my friends, family, and random (qualified) strangers that they should be so lucky as to work for Gallup. Now, I visit a website to warn people against it.

We cannot be a change management consulting firm when we failed so horribly at our own changes. Maybe a 21 year old will have a super solution to all of this, though...

Oh, and people respond all 5's to the survey so you'll leave us alone.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Gallup (View Most Recent)

A daily learning experience, great people, core values & beliefs align with my own

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

I have been with Gallup for several years, and there are many things that keep me here even with job offers from Fortune 500's (and yes, some of them would pay better):

Strengths-based culture that allows you be an individual

Ability to be a consultant and do what I love

Everyone is always willing to help if you have a question or a problem

Great "big" mission behind a lot of Gallup's endeavors (Education, World Poll, Well being, GMJ, etc)

Fun group activities with great participation (Corporate Cup is this week, other fun internal group events and community involvement)

High level of intellect....very smart people working here. If you're not smart, you won't fit in... but you'll be an even bigger misfit if you think you're smart but you're actually not.... I can see that in some of the very pretentious reviews on this site

Many opportunities for personal and professional growth (if you have talent and are actively seeking them...if not then you probably won't find them at Gallup)

Well Being culture/emphasis on wellness

Great internal resources and employee assistance programs (financial, physical, technological, etc...)

Positive psychology...Gallup is full of people who have "positive" energy, and I love coming to work every day.

Cons

Can be long hours at times (not unusual for a consulting company, in my opinion), you have to be sure you have a strong work ethic and that you enjoy & believe in your work. If you are looking for a 9-5 where you are just completing tasks, complaining about your work, not thinking and not taking any initiative, Gallup is not for you.

I appreciate how much I know you all care.

Proud to work for a growing company which cares about its people and wants to make a difference in the world

Current Employee - Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

Based on my experiences, the reasons I stay at Gallup are: Positive work environment, managers and leaders who care, people-oriented culture, great philosophies and talented associates. Lots of hope for the future, and lots of opportunity to be a driving force behind a growing, evolving organization rather than simply being a product-pushing "consultant". Gallup encourages creativity and individualization. We are very lucky to have beautiful campuses across the globe as well.

Cons

Change can be difficult, and Gallup is going through a period of intense change. There have been some hiccups. There are some people (legacy employees) still in the company who are fairly blind to what great jobs and work environments we are blessed with here. Let's just say there is an occasional lack of humility. As we all know at Gallup, it takes 5 positive interactions to counter 1 negative interaction. Being around associates who have no perspective can require a lot of energy at times.

I believe we are on the right path. We can never have enough communication and feedback about how we are doing, how we fit into the overall picture of the company and what our progress is towards our big-picture goals. Be open to our criticisms and questions because those of us who care enough to voice them... we really do care. Value us, care about us, and sadly you need to keep clearing out the people who no longer fit and are bringing negativity. Things improve each time this happens.

There are newer employer reviews for Gallup