Gallup

www.gallup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gallup

Excellent Career!

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

-Very intelligent and hardworking colleagues, who work hard and play harder.
-Opportunity to be entrepreneurial at even a fresh-graduate level
-Flexible working hours .
-Lack of micro-management.
-Get to use my talents everyday
-Very caring managers.
-Very large and connected global network.
- Excellent global-training opportunities

Cons

- Very strong research brand, but, not very strong consulting brand. Makes it hard to get revenue ,given the new direction, but, really where there is a strong leadership and strong will , there is definitely a way
- Had a huge turnover as a result of certain disgruntled and overpaid former colleagues, who have made rebuilding the business much harder.

Remain the same

276 Other Employee Reviews for Gallup (View Most Recent)

Great brand name, excellent consulting concepts, managed with limited perspective and medium performance

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

Great brand name, well known for polling, not consulting, around the world
    Great science on human behavior and people's opinions in the world .
    Excellent consulting research based concepts in selection, development, management, employee and customer engagement

Cons

Career growth can be a challenge, small-size company controlled by a few with limited revenue growth in the last 10 years.

Top and middle management has a very limited perspective and little empowerment; small-town people who have only worked in a familiy owned business (Gallup) for too many years, learning to play the politics of becoming good friends and followers, usually called trusted engaged associates.

Leadership only hears what they want to hear, and only from trusted engaged associates; those good at being optimists and quick to support any Clifton family idea.

Gallup needs new leadership and management with experience , with proven performance, obetaining outcomes and results; not just talented.
    Empower managers with global awareness and multi-company perspectives from professional services businesses.

It was good for awhile.

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer

I worked at Gallup

Pros

Flexibility, learning about my strengths thru "Strengths Finder". Mostly the people. They do a lot of community work in many areas.

Cons

Bad communication! Quotas higher - pay lower. Always want more more more for same or less money. I tried to do it all but became extremely stressful even working part time. At times it was fun and I did learn a lot from people I interviewed. But it was rarely enough no matter what you did. I was disappointed that it didn't work out.

Don't bug people about doing so many activities without pay. Shouldn't our jobs come first? It was a bit frustrating.

There are newer employer reviews for Gallup