Gallup

www.gallup.com
  www.gallup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gallup

Was great once but now it is average.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Software Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

Flexible time, nice work areas in the Omaha campus, child care available on site, nice downtown Omaha location, friendly employees.

Cons

Lots of hours, benefits are non-existent compared to other companies, crappy overpriced lunch room, average overpriced child care, over recognition makes recognition meaningless. It is often people will get recognition and not know what it was for or why they got it. 'Here is a gold star for your hard work on that thing you did" makes the recognition concept watered down.

Don't run your employees at 110% everyday. There are times when this is appropriate but constant long hour weeks makes people burn out. Look in the mirror and think about what has changed to make it so hard to get new employees. Look at the trends on why people are leaving. They aren't job hopping. They are moving to new companies and staying put. Be competitive as a place to work. Don't break the backs of your best workhorses doing everyday work just to stay lean. If you keep telling yourself that every company does this to their employees you'll find one day that your best have gone.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Gallup (View Most Recent)

feels used; got accepted for client development and pushed into client services

Current Employee - Consulting Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consulting Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gallup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible vacation schedule; extensive training from start

Cons

Pay is only based on performance; people are competitive; no bonuses given because it is based on hours and hours are not enough anyway; no raise;

Need to treat client services consultants better; the focus is only on business development

More! More! More! Faster! Faster!

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Gallup

Pros

Great pay potential. Flexibility rocks! Co-workers that I would lay down on rail road tracks for. Terrific hand dryers in the restrooms. Beautiful center.

Cons

Managers are concerned with numbers only. They grow you until you are eating out of their hands. Then they are done. Lots of smiles from them and perhaps it is part of the training.
       The quotas are outragious and they continue to climb. I would not be surprised to see a Heart Attack within our call center.
       Gallup seems to be on a mission to have a building full of 20 hour pay team members working 6 weeks and gone. Teams of 35 and up are under a constant "threat" of being demoted to the 20 hour team/with 20 hour pay. To avoid this, you simply have to have PERFECT quality and 95% or better production AT ALL TIMES.

Stop drinking the Koolaide! We understand that you have a job to do. Just BE REAL and tell us the truth. We all know that we are paying for the new center out of our pockets. We all know that talking to you about issues of concern is job suicide. We know that the Q12's are individualized and so, we tell you what you want to hear to maintain job security. Sad, but true.

There are newer employer reviews for Gallup