Gallup

There are newer employer reviews for Gallup

Don't, Just don't...

Former Employee - Advanced Design and Analytics in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Advanced Design and Analytics in Washington, DC

I worked at Gallup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gallup has some of the best and smartest people you will ever meet..
Great work parties

Cons

Gallup is a dire place to work.. Dire. They routinely promise new employees the moon and then deliver 2,400 hours a year of creating power point decks. Want to do the job they promised you? Just wait a few months... and then a few more...and then what was it they promised you again? And how can they give you better assignments when you have such a bad attitude as to ask for better assignments? Before I resigned I would have told you I knew maybe 10 people who were really happy at Gallup. When I announced my resignation five of those people told me they were also looking for a job. People are exhausted, terribly unhappy, and afraid they will be fired if they speak openly, or take time off for oh, like Christmas. I have never started a job with such enthusiasm and ended with such disappointment.

Read your own books and follow your own advice. Listen to your employees instead of terrorizing them.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Gallup (View Most Recent)

Disappointing

I worked at Gallup full-time

Pros

The people are great. They hire people that have become my lifetime friends.

Cons

Like other reviewers, there is very little focus and direction in terms of company strategy. Its a family business and the leadership lacks experience with growing a company.

Listen to the "No-people" sometimes, not just the "Yes-people".

WHERE IS MY PENNY???

Current Employee - Interviewing Specialist in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Interviewing Specialist in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

two microwaves in the kitchen

Cons

Interesting procedures in record keeping. If we are hired with a base pay of 14.00/hour, why do our payroll records so often show 13.99/hour? That's a lot of pennies!!
       We have the option of taking (.2) of actual time from each track that we work each day. This is an attempt to increase production. Often these (.2) decreases show up the next day as a payroll validation error but when reading between the lines, (.3) is added back in. This represents a DECREASE in production. Translated: (more free time given to Gallup w/no pay)
       Thousand of employees may not notice these things, or just get tired of messing with it. I am afraid that this may be the part of the iceberg that we SEE.

Find a job that does not require that you keep these secrets. Did you enter this corporation with the intention to approach your job dishonestly? If so, have a seat.. If not, save yourself the grief and guilt of knowing too much.

There are newer employer reviews for Gallup