GameStop
2.7 of 5 1,195 reviews
www.gamestop.com Grapevine, TX 5000+ Employees

Great if you do your job!

SGA (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGames. You get to play them learn about them borrow them talk about them. Just overall enjoyable. Most customers are nice and enjoy talking to you about games.

ConsI can't think of any cons right now. I've been there a couple months and I'm an SGA working my way to ASM. I feel most that complain about this place don't understand sales or have a full trap on their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep firing the people that don't do their job until you have the team your looking for. It seems that they do this already. I guess one thing they could work on is understanding the store work lad and not over working them with certain corporate tasks when there is more important in store tasks to do first.

Fun experience.

Game Advisor (Former Employee)
    North Merrick, NY

I worked at GameStop part-time for less than a year

Pros: Surrounded by video games and video game minded people all… Cons: Dealing with unknowledgeable and overly stubborn customers. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good place if you are a professional and want a career

Accounting (Current Employee)
    Grapevine, TX

I have been working at GameStop full-time for more than a year

Pros: Not much. I honestly can't think of anything I like… Cons: Executives are aloof, unfriendly, arrogant (for no real reason), and not responsive to issues they see. Management is incredibly short-sighted. They will do things to… Advice to Senior Management: Find companies with "best in class" departments and imitate their best practices. Have higher standards to attract top talent, and get rid of complacent, lazy,… More
There are newer reviews on GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GameStop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GameStop CEO J. Paul Raines. All reviews posted anonymously by GameStop employees.