Lackluster and underappreciated

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at GameStop full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with fellow gamers. Having inside knowledge of games coming out. Fun enviornment.

Cons

Attendance has issues. District manager only sees what he wants to see. Doesnt recognize a good job, and well as be able to coach an under performer.

When you have an employee who's only negative thing on her evaluation was to be more available on her days of in case needed...seems like you couldnt really find anything personal. Yes, store numbers were low, but look at the location. So the DM waltzs in not being there everyday and gives a hard working assistant a ,09 raise. yep nine cent raise. My advice know your employees. the good and the bad. Luckiy the person got the ,09 raise had the courage to walk away.

Other Reviews for GameStop

Sr game advisor

Former Employee - Senior Game Advisor  in  Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Senior Game Advisor in Portland, ME

I worked at GameStop part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun environment and can test out games

Cons

They treat employees as disposable objects, since most young kids that work there are.

Once upon a time I loved my job

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Sturbridge, MA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Sturbridge, MA

I worked at GameStop full-time for more than a year

Pros

After nearly 3 years with GameStop I grew a very close relationship with my customers and staff, as well as other Store Managers. Working with games and being able to make people happy with their purchases was awesome! I never had any sort of problem with my job description, taking trades, or providing excellent customer service.

Cons

PAYROLL! . It is so easy to dictate all of these tasks, but does anyone in corporate want to sit down and evaluate how much time it would take to complete these tasks? Add in customers? And put it up against our 44 hours? It is unrealistic!

Good Luck!

There are newer employer reviews for GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!