GameStop
2.7 of 5 1,066 reviews
www.GameStop.com Grapevine, TX 5000+ Employees

Not bad for retail

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Savannah, GA

I worked at GameStop full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits. Hip and diverse company. Good perks if you're a gamer. Work life balance isn't bad considering it's retail. YMMV depending on your district manager. Free trip to Vegas every year.

ConsCompany has lost it's focus over the last few years. Many long term, loyal and talented store managers are being fired so they can bring in younger, fresh blood and pay them 10-15K less per year. GameStop has a lot of unique rules that may get you fired if you unknowingly break them.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit bringing on your own demise by embracing digital downloads. Retain your loyal long term managers.

Great part time job but not too great for a long term career.

Game Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at GameStop part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The employee discount, and being able to rent any game… Cons: Not a lot of room for promotion or advancement. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Job during school

Cashier (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at GameStop part-time for more than a year

Pros: -Good hours that worked with School Schedule -Great customers -Stayed Busy Cons: -Pay -Schedule changed weekly -Company cares more about sales than customers Advice to Senior Management: Raise Pay a bit Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GameStop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GameStop CEO J. Paul Raines. All reviews posted anonymously by GameStop employees.