There are newer employer reviews for GameStop

Solid company, great place to work, but not to grow. Too much friction to new ideas.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Grapevine, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

I worked at GameStop full-time

Pros

Relatively low stress, great people, flexible hours. Cash rich, debt free, solid market. In-house cafeteria with pretty good food.

Cons

Unexplainable gulf between everyday employees and upper management. Seems to be zero articulated Vision from the top beyond "sell stuff". Offices are built into a warehouse, very few windows, sloppy cubicles, sloppy dressed employees (jeans, t-shirts everyday), a lot of non-commitment and "maybe someday".

Walk around and meet your people, proactively. And regularly. Find out what's going on in the online retail world and pursue it instead of hiding from it.

1298 Other Employee Reviews for GameStop (View Most Recent)

I went from getting paid to talk and interact about games, to running a register open to close.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at GameStop full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun product to sell. Games are a luxury item, and its great to sell people things that they want.

Cons

Answering to Wall St means minimal payroll to offer great service. I realize it's a business decision, just like having third world countries make sneakers for pennies a day ( when the shoes are sold for hundreds of dollars for each pair).

Very Satisfying

Current Employee - Game Advisor
    Current Employee - Game Advisor

I have been working at GameStop part-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back workplace, helpful coworkers, flexible schedule, incentive based (my store did an mvp of the week based on performance on subs and pre-orders)

Cons

lots of things to push on every customer (pur, pres, surveys, upsells)

ask store managers for some of their ideas. i worked for five months before someone even mentioned our area manager, he came in later that day.

There are newer employer reviews for GameStop

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!