GameStop
2.7 of 5 1,202 reviews
www.gamestop.com Grapevine, TX 5000+ Employees

Fun for what it is. But be ready for long hours.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

ProsFun environment, good people to work with, get to talk about gaming all day, in control of your own business, conference is amazing. Overall a fun place to work, my district was particularly great. A lot of good people in the stores and everyone works together and helps each other out when needed.

ConsIn management you work far more than most expect. You will work more than upper management seems to think. Compensation doesn't line up with the amount of work you will have to do in order to "meet the needs of the business" You're in customer service so keep in mind that you will meet a lot of great people but also have to deal with some that are just awful. Unless you want to be a DM or RM there is little advancement. Most advancement seems like a lateral move.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what its like being an SM. Don't make things complicated. Be realistic with your estimates of times to complete tasks rather than sugar coat things.

A great learning opportunity

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Fresno, CA

I have been working at GameStop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great enviroment and great team within district. A lot of… Cons: Payroll allocation. Heavy workload with very little support Advice to Senior Management: Lessen the workload if your gonna lesson the hours Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very Relaxed Company

Senior Game Advisor (Former Employee)
    Chamblee, GA

I worked at GameStop part-time for more than a year

Pros: Very laid back. Entertaining. Great co-workers. Great discount. Great employee perks. Work is not hard at all. Easy… Cons: Bad scheduling. Low-Pay. Very low overhead so not many hours. A Lot of tedious busy work when… Advice to Senior Management: Better Marketing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GameStop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GameStop CEO J. Paul Raines. All reviews posted anonymously by GameStop employees.