Grow with GameStop; then look for Greener Pastures.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at GameStop full-time

Pros

GameStop truly wants to promote from within. They commit to your growth just so long as you commit to excellent standards of customer service, dependability, and honesty.

Cons

The pay rates are not very competitive. As a manager with several years of experience with the company my base salary was 28K. This figure does not reflect bonus, however, if you are in a low volume store or have demographics that set you back in comparison to "big spender" stores, you will suffer in this area.

Increase the perks that you give to your employees. Many large companies are making progressive leaps in this area; increased pay, health benefits for part-timers, stock options, etc. Bolstering your talent can only help foster a better retention rate and help to improve overall service in an industry where storefronts are struggling.

Other Reviews for GameStop

Easy job, low pay

I worked at GameStop

Pros

Good discount
    Easy work
    Good perks; free games, borrowing games from store

Cons

Selling company programs at the cost of long term relationships with customers

Back off reserves and PUR and build meaningful relationships

Fun with exceptions

Current Employee - Game Advisor  in  Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Game Advisor in Hurst, TX

I have been working at GameStop part-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees get to check out games, it's actually a really fun environment, we have a solid and active customer base, get to meet a ton of new people and I have amazing coworkers

Cons

District managers have somewhat unrealistic sales goals, and it's definitely a major target for thieves. There are also really limited hours unless you're a key holder. Expect 4-10 hours per week.

Lower stress on iDevice sales and number consistency, we honestly do our best all the time.

There are newer employer reviews for GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!