GameStop
2.7 of 5 1,195 reviews
www.gamestop.com Grapevine, TX 5000+ Employees

Not as bad as some say, but could definitely be better

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVideogames, not the hardest product to sell. Sales quotas are realistic, reasonable. Potentially awesome coworkers and bosses. I rarely met anyone at the company I didn't like, but when you do encounter that person it can be a trip.

ConsLong workweeks sometimes, especially during the holidays. Increasingly corporate structure which isn't necessarily making money/increasing profits. Easy to hit a ceiling and become complacent.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your people. DMs are even better assets than store managers in some cases, but they're so overworked.

Fun while it lasted, but no room for growth.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Riverside, CA

I worked at GameStop full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of fun information about new games. Keeps you in… Cons: Company tries to create customer service metrics that do not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

You want to love working here.

I have been working at GameStop

Pros: Working with games is fun. Cons: Too much pressure to pull numbers results in a lack of customer service.… Advice to Senior Management: Hold your ground. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GameStop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GameStop CEO J. Paul Raines. All reviews posted anonymously by GameStop employees.