GameStop

www.gamestop.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for GameStop

Dist Mgr

I have been working at GameStop

Pros

Culture is unique and prosperous

Cons

work life balance can be a challenge

1543 Other Employee Reviews for GameStop (View Most Recent)

Great in Missouri, terrible in Texas

Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at GameStop full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I received tons of free games and I really enjoyed the culture of the company. Getting to talk about something I'm familiar with was very enjoyable. It was fun to make recommendations to customers and then to see them come back and ask for more games that they'll like.

Cons

The culture is insane at times. There's always something new. It's very fast paced and not for the weak at heart. Payroll is non-existent and that can make it tough especially since every store is busier than they should be.

Fix your leadership so that it can be consistent across the entire company. I didn't quit the job, I quit the leadership.

Fun but stressful

I worked at GameStop

Pros

Great product, used model is fantastic, growing company that promotes from within, pay and benefits are fair.

Cons

puts far too much emphasis on reservations and subscriptions to Game Informer (loyalty memberships) instead of sales and profits. Turnover very high. Treats regional mgrs like district mgrs, district mgrs like store mgrs and store mgrs like assistant mgrs.

Stock holders care about the bottom line profit and sales, not about how many reservations and subscriptions you sold.

There are newer employer reviews for GameStop