There are newer employer reviews for GameStop

Dist Mgr

I have been working at GameStop

Pros

Culture is unique and prosperous

Cons

work life balance can be a challenge

1304 Other Employee Reviews for GameStop (View Most Recent)

Very good entry level sales postions. Easy work, great 2nd job.

Current Employee - Game Advisor  in  Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Game Advisor in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I have been working at GameStop part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The job is easy, just basic sales. Very good 2nd or part time job. Many of the people you work with are very easy to get along with, but often are not around very long. The small perks, employee discount and being able to check out games, are nice as well.

Cons

Typically the hours and pay are not enough on their own to work as a sole source of income. Many stores have very high turnover. In both cases this is to be expected with a job like this.

The company would be better able to increase employee retention if they were to provide employees with a more stable working environment, meaning a greater pool of hours per store, and incentives to stay with the company. Higher pay would be nice, but with the high turnover on employees, this may not be a viable option unless used as an incentive to remain with the company.

Great in Missouri, terrible in Texas

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at GameStop full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I received tons of free games and I really enjoyed the culture of the company. Getting to talk about something I'm familiar with was very enjoyable. It was fun to make recommendations to customers and then to see them come back and ask for more games that they'll like.

Cons

The culture is insane at times. There's always something new. It's very fast paced and not for the weak at heart. Payroll is non-existent and that can make it tough especially since every store is busier than they should be.

Fix your leadership so that it can be consistent across the entire company. I didn't quit the job, I quit the leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for GameStop

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!