GameStop
2.7 of 5 1,065 reviews
www.GameStop.com Grapevine, TX 5000+ Employees

It's all about reserves, subscriptions and web hits.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at GameStop

ProsEngaged public that loves the product you sell. They enjoy feedback and suggestions. Happy parents really are a joy to deal with.

ConsOddly enough, they don't focus on sales or profit. You might know these things that drive your business. Not Gamestop, they want future sales so they push reserves, magazines and web hits. While these things will never show directly on anyone's P&L, they feel they are the drivers of a successful business. As explained to me, my staff should be like sharks and constantly attack for game reserves and subscriptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a shame you took a culture from EB games that was about selling and providing value to the guest and drove it away. It appears you really want assistants running the store while the DM's micro manage.

Fun for a while

Greenville, SC

I have been working at GameStop

Pros: Best reasons are the health benefits, even though premiums are more expensive this… Cons: GameStop has been a love hate thing for me. They have provided years of paychecks that have gone towards paying off my debt but the… Advice to Senior Management: You are on the right track with the new surveys.the thing we are missing is support in the fork of payroll.… More

For the kids...

Gamestop (Former Employee)
Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at GameStop

Pros: Customer interactions are usually agreeable, even fun at times, And… Cons: Too much stress, limited hours, little opportunity for growth, incompetent… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your front line. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GameStop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GameStop CEO J. Paul Raines. All reviews posted anonymously by GameStop employees.