Gannett Digital

There are newer employer reviews for Gannett Digital

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Mc Lean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Mc Lean, VA

I have been working at Gannett Digital as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome clients and fun environment, Clients are all fortune five hundred companies, and the structure of employees work well.

Cons

Typical on such a big company to have a disconnect or some sort because of the scale of the operation but for a company like this size, it does work with very minimal problem.

know your people.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Gannett Digital (View Most Recent)

Great place.

I have been working at Gannett Digital

Pros

Flex schedule, massive projects, digital focus.

Cons

Big political ship, hard to stear.

Trust the people doing the work, get out of the way and just lead, not hinder.

Depends what job you have. I couldn't get out of there soon enough with my title.

Former Employee - Ad Ops in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Ad Ops in McLean, VA

I worked at Gannett Digital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing facilities, some teams have great management and powerful minds.

Cons

No work-life balance. I was scolded for working too much, scolded for coming in too early and not allowed to leave before 5PM; no exceptions. The inconsistency was impossible to follow.

Managers micro-manage to the point where I felt like I was grounded teenager rather than an employee of a Fortune 500 company.

Work was meaningless and we weren't allowed to take on projects. Our lives were ruled by email.

The atmosphere is so negative, it's almost surreal. No lights, cold, quiet and dirty. Workers come in, put on headphones and sit silently.

Pay is poor compared to other competing companies. Vacation and other benefits are laughable. A couple actually had to take out a loan to have a baby because the health insurance didn't cover it. The ad ops department in particular is horrible with time off. Managers guilt you into coming in when you're sick, slaving at home if you have an appointment and feel terrible if you take any vacation time off--because evidently this is the most important department in the company (it's not.)

Please stop micro-managing and actually listen to your team members. We were all adult, responsible, bright workers. There is no reason to not trust us or treat us as poorly as you did. I so badly wanted to stay with Gannett, but could not bare another second under this dictatorship. I took a position in the same industry, in the same city with a very little pay raise just so I could get out of that job. I didn't quit for more money, more vacation, new company culture or a different career option. I quit because of the management.

There are newer employer reviews for Gannett Digital