There are newer employer reviews for Gannett Fleming

Laid off due to lack of work

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Project Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Gannett Fleming full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Signing bonus. Professional work environment. Flexible 40-hour work week. Nice office. Good IT support. Supportive co-workers.

Cons

Lack of billable work. Penny pinching over minor items. Lack of communication between staff and management. Lack of available training and skill development. Our small office seemed to be off grid in relation to the main offices. Our managers attempted to keep corporate status quo even in such a small office, ex. keeping larger unused window offices empty.

Advice to Management

Keep tighter reign on employee performance and billability. Once a year reviews don't cut it. When employees want training to enhance skills they mean it. They are not just saying it to impress you. If company isn't getting selected on bids don't just respond by putting your head in the sand and keeping employees out of meetings.

reviews filtered by
  1. A decent job in a pleasant office with a great boss

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gannett Fleming

Pros

My supervisor provides helpful guidance but is not overly involved with my everyday work. He trusts me to carry out my job and has confidence in my abilities.

Cons

In it is not a particularly inspiring place to work, but then again if I wanted inspiration, I probably should have gone into something other than consulting!

Advice to Management

Upper management should take notice and learn from some of the really talented regional managers. I believe my boss is exceptional and deserves to be promoted through the ranks.

2. Best place I had ever worked.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Camp Hill, PA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Gannett Fleming

Pros

Had done 5-6 jobs before joining them. They have a very good team of C# and Java Developers. Lot of ideas and nice synchronization among teams. Technologies ideas keep floating around and you are given enough liberty to persuade them. With the senior technical management channeling them and keep the team focused. Was allowed to be creative had a great time working there.

Cons

Unfortunately the lost a lot of commercial market for their products as their marketing team is not that competitive and when I had to leave they started too much interference with the development efforts making the products shitty and further loosing the market in a viscous circle. If not for them this place could have been another Google success story.

Advice to Management

Get better marketing people you have something really world class and the big thing over there is your team. Trust in them.

There are newer employer reviews for Gannett Fleming