Highly Organized Firm

Former Employee - Technical Manager in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Technical Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Gannett Fleming full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I worked there the management in Harrisburg was highly organized. When you called the head administrator she would always help you with who you needed to speak with or what you needed to do, including referring you back to the admin manual. They kept an excellent control of financials for projects. Locally, the office had its ups and downs, but it was a great place.

Cons

Coffee was always a problem. Each office had to purchase their own coffee and employees had to pitch in. It was an end of month problem. The firm was a bit tight, but then they brought in PE's making good money.

Advice to Management

Keep your organized management style.

reviews filtered by
  1. Peronal Review

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Miami, FL

I worked at Gannett Fleming full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good environment and great opportunities

Cons

I don not have anything bad to say about this company if was a great experience

2. Good learning experience

Former Employee - Planner in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Planner in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Gannett Fleming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The location of the office was convenient to my apartment. I also gained a good understanding of how the consulting industry works and got to work on a variety of local projects in the area.

Cons

As an entry level employee, working in a very small team with little guidance was not a good environment for starting my career. I was also dissatisfied with our department's business model, management style, and our failure to win new contracts. I also felt very much in the dark regarding other tasks and items regarding projects I was working on and was never truly informed fully of the work I was performing.

Advice to Management

The team structure that I was part of was not conducive to producing good work and winning new work. I would have also appreciated higher level management in our office (on site) other than my direct manager to oversee the activities that my manager was doing.