Gannett

www.gannett.com

Dissapointing in the extreme.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsLooks great on your resume
You receive a wealth of experience doing your job and the jobs of other people
Great vacation, holiday and sick leave

ConsMany moons ago, Gannett was a great place to work. Management actively invested in you and your career and advancement was a given if you put in the work.

Now, advancement and projects are directed towards favorites in order to shield them from layoffs.

I also feel that upper management - across the board - is busy stuffing as much money in their pockets before Gannett crashes and burns. Their incentive is to produce greater yearly cost savings which in turn apparently determines their annual bonuses.

How does upper management justify yearly furloughs, buy-outs and flat merit increases yet continue to collect upwards of million dollar bonuses? It's great that Gracia eliminated daily lunches and assigned parking spaces for upper management but those never affected my salary. Outrageous bonuses for her and the others do.

Furloughs
Little to no annual merit or cost of living increases
Rampant favoritism - you finally learn it IS who you know and not what you know
Little recognition unless you're on the favorite list

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the massive bonuses to upper management while furloughing the employees that do the work. If Gannett is not doing well enough for you to provide 5% increases to deserving staff, it isn't doing well enough to pay upward of million dollar bonuses to upper management.

Staff has given as much as we can give so we ask you to put some skin in the game if you truly want to save this company. Eliminate the bonuses.

Nice to work at ... when newspapers were relevant.

IT Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Gannett

Pros: The people were great. I was exposed to a diverse… Cons: No training, No Money, Getting furloughed while the top execs… Advice to Senior Management: Train your people, invest in your people and you will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Watch out when next recession hits!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Gannett

Pros: A fine place to work, if you are among the few at company headquarters or USA TODAY. No expense… Cons: Gannett's true colors came out during the recent recession, with people almost gleefully fired. At my paper, we endured multiple rounds of layoffs when we… Advice to Senior Management: There's nothing I can say to Gannett management that it has… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Gannett.

Worked for Gannett? Contribute to the Community!