There are newer employer reviews for Gannett

A step back for my career

Former Employee - Creative Manager in New Castle, DE
Former Employee - Creative Manager in New Castle, DE

I worked at Gannett full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The great part of my position with this company was the start-up of a new product. No previous work to live up to or try to match or do better than.

Cons

The issue was using lifers with the company in the senior level positions. Those were the ones who stifled creativity and halted progress. Supporting other previously employed teammates over the new and improved.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look into the politics being created by "bullies" picking on the new kid.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Overall a good company to work for, although doesn't feel like the most stable at times.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gannett full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair Pay - Feel like it is on par with what should be paid for my position as a graphic designer.
    Good Hours - Not required to do overtime very often, and flexible if I need to take a longer lunch.
    Time Off - 2 to 4 weeks off according to the time you have been working for the company. Plus personal days and sick days.

Cons

Furloughs - Have been required to take a week off without pay for the last several years. Seems like this is getter better though.
    Advancement - Working hard does not get you promoted. It seems that the worst employees are the first to get promoted, maybe because they are good at lying and telling you what you want to hear.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees for the work they do. Also don't underestimate their talent. Very often I personally feel under-valued and under-appreciated. Often overlooked to do tasks that I am capable of because management thinks I am only capable of doing one task. I have the ability to learn new skills and adapt my capabilities. Please utilize me to my full potential and pay me for it instead of hiring someone that is no qualified or promoting someone that is a subpar employee.

2. It is .. what it is.

Former Employee - Producer in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Producer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Gannett full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Few people are ever let go unless their jobs are "eliminated"

Cons

It's a typical massive corporation