Gannett
www.gannett.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Fantastic company to work for

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gannett full-time for more than a year

Proscompetitive base salary, which is tied to experience, strong opportunity, fantastic leadership

ConsThe position is fairly turnkey - sales, artwork management and receivables when clients get in arears. You receive assistance with customer service when you reach a certain volume, but it is a tough curve to surmount when you are at the cusp -- other reps who have been here awhile have assistance, but you are doing everything and when the volume gets high, it's intense.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify sales materials and stop changing them so frequently. There is a lack of cohesiveness, because of constant changes. Also the website and email marketing program are archaic compared to other options in the marketplace. Improving options here will go a long way in competing with others in the marketplace, and internet marketing is the number one most important thing a small business can do to be successful.

Lacking Leadership, Sound Management and Unfulfilled Promises

Digital Account Executive (Former Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I worked at Gannett full-time for less than a year

Pros: Not a lot to say here... There are many good… Cons: Unfortunately my experiences were pretty negative. I was guaranteed in contract and writing three months commissions, I only received one after two months of… Advice to Senior Management: Get your sales staff to adhere to KPI, don't take everything that your sales team tells you at face value. Don't allow your staff… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This is a horrible place to work

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Burlington, VT

I worked at Gannett full-time for more than a year

Pros: There aren't any pros for working at this company. Cons: Commission structure stinks and the management doesn't want to reward… Advice to Senior Management: Don't try to punish your sales people for exceeding their sales goals. You should be happy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Gannett.

Worked for Gannett? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gannett reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gannett CEO Gracia Martore. All reviews posted anonymously by Gannett employees.