Gannett

www.gannett.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Gannett

Decent company with eye toward future.

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at Gannett full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of career avenues to choose or focus on. Listens to the employees for the most part. Pay and bonus are reasonable.

Cons

Most people within focus on declining newspaper business. Lots of overlap in the technical roles in the divisions and the service organizations like IT.

443 Other Employee Reviews for Gannett (View Most Recent)

Rewarding projects, but in a very tumultuous atmosphere

Current Employee - Digital Designer
    Current Employee - Digital Designer

I have been working at Gannett full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is currently in a state of technological Rennaissance. They have been very open and amenable to technology shifts and advancements, and their opportunities and projects all reflect that. This is commendable for an otherwise very conservative industry.

Cons

Limited security - our team was subjected to the whims of internal politics, little effort to connect the work of our satellite office to what headquarters was doing

Change is okay as long as there is transparency, there were a lot of clandestine decisions that impacted our team that were not revealed until long after they affected us.

Constantly changing goals and directives

I worked at Gannett full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you do your job well within the company, it is a fairly secure position. Now that they have made so many cut backs,.the positions they have left are essential employees.

Cons

They are constantly revising their direction that they want to go. Instead of focusing on current products and making it good, they look for new products way too often and the core products get neglected. Even on core products, sometimes I think management make changes in order to justify their job.

Stop getting distracted by the shiny object and tend to the business at hand. Get it right before you move on to something else.

There are newer employer reviews for Gannett