Gannett

www.gannett.com
  www.gannett.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gannett

In the beginning a wonderful company to work for employee centric, now...

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fort Myers, FL
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gannett full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People worked with and for. They kept up with technology as well as most. Benefits in the beginning made it a wonderful place to work. We all worked for one goal. Opportunity for advancement whether male or female.

Cons

They have lost all sense of company, loyalty and values as per employees and the work experience and customer service. Now just a company for the shareholders, by the shareholders and CEO's.

Bring back the old company I loved and was proud to work for. The company that valued loyalty and longevity. Bring back the company that valued customer service. Bring back that local newspaper feel. The newspaper I was proud to have a hand in producing. That I said I did that, that is my work. It has been a very sad thing to watch and see. The years of a proud newspaper. Newspaper is NOT dead, but you are killing it as sure as rumor has. I am not naive enough to have realized that things had to be done to keep the recession from destroying our paper, but take the blinders off now. Work to rebuild that once proud company before it is to late. It is all about customer service from a local level. Local work.

412 Other Employee Reviews for Gannett (View Most Recent)

Odd Environment Where Hardest Part OF The Sale Is Yor Own Company

I have been working at Gannett full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Well branded and highly recognized company with a very deep menu of product offerings across broadcast, digital, deals and print.

Cons

The company struggles with management of internal staff issues.
    • Company has a weak strategy for on-boarding of new employees.
    • Company has a weak strategy for introducing new company acquisitions and products.
    • Recent trend of extreme turn-over within the digital divisions (18 months - Gannett Local Staff and Broadcast Digital Middle Management)causes client distrust and revenue loss.
    • Corporate and senior local leaders seem remise in building productive and sustainable relationships and results with middle management.
    • The sales environment has many challenging trends. There is a trend to ignore the lack of local senior management to commit to the corporate mission and directives. This trend breeds a very challenging and counterproductive environment for middle management. There is also a trend to ignore internal dog-fighting between local middle sales management for client revenue. This causes an environment where client’s results and interest are not put first. There is a trend to ignore the dissension between corporate divisions that reduce production and results. Lastly there is a trend for sales strategies to be added and changed constantly. As new teams (strategies) enter the markets (direct local, station local, telemarketing) there is dishonestly in “go to” plans. This causes lack of sales staff desire to sell the product lines with any conviction of desire.

Need to remove barriers for different divisions to work together more effectively and create easier access to sister company products and services. Gannett has the deepest product offering in media, hands down. The lack of attention to the above takes the deepest product offering and makes it a mute point. The above listed trends lend to the products not being executed well contributing to poor client results, poor “internal” customer relationships and ultimately lack of tremendous revenue opportunity.

Poor culture, poor pay

Former Employee - Reporter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Reporter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Gannett full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Station has a good reputation in town, resources of gannett

Cons

Lots of cost cutting, terrible culture

Focus on people, not money

There are newer employer reviews for Gannett