Gannett

www.gannett.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gannett

Great culture, opinion valued, high pressure, below par bennies

I have been working at Gannett full-time

Pros

Gannett's Digital division has a great culture (startup feel) and provides a great working environment where most employees opinion or idea regardless of title is valued. Great place to learn and gain industry expertise very quickly. Bright individuals with creative ideas.

Cons

inadequate bennies, communication from leadership to front line is not consistent

share overall vision of company and division respectively. This will give employees a sense of ownership and working towards accomplishment.

433 Other Employee Reviews for Gannett (View Most Recent)

Inside Sales Representative

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Gannett full-time

Pros

The parking is affordable parking.

Cons

Where shall I start! The business model is the best place to begin. Calling accounts that have not ran an ad since 2006 might give you a clue they are no longer in business or are not a sustainable lead. That is if they were actually a business and were hiring something outside of a nanny. I think I have called every doctors office or dentist within my assigned territory month after month in hopes of the possibility that someone quit or their office grew since my last call. These accounts have been called since the DESC began in 2008. At some point you would think you would catch a clue this business model is ineffective. I have made approximately 1000 calls this month and had 1 customer say they were hiring, ONE! Yet, I will not get my commission check if I don't make my call goal. Speaking of call goal, your call goal is your call goal no exceptions unless you are not here. Office meetings, training are not an exception. Building ads or actually SELLING something are not an exception. Oh and what really impresses me if you are on vacation your ARE NOT given quota relief! To anyone considering this place, RUN! Do not waste your time!

Your sales focus fails to deliver sustainable growth because it favors short term revenue growth over developing relationships, creating a positive customer experience and developing customer loyalty. Additionally, the unemployment rate is declining- meaning there are companies hiring. Why continue to call the same companies each month that are not hiring? Quantity does not equal quality and activity does not equate to productivity or revenue growth!

Enjoyed working for local Gannett newspaper

Former Employee - Reporter in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Reporter in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gannett full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Had a lot of opportunities to do interesting things, meet interesting people, cover interesting stories.
    Decent training. Management in newsroom was hit or miss, but co-workers were a great bunch.
    Gannett is a big company. While that may be a negative for some, I found it a positive because they had set policies on sick time, overtime, vacation time, etc. The previous small company I worked for played very fast and loose with these items.

Cons

Some manager are quite good. Some not so much. Concern about the future of newspapers in general is rampant in the newsroom.

Work to build better employee-management communication.

There are newer employer reviews for Gannett