Gannett
www.gannett.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Lots of opportunity

Senior Reporter (Current Employee)
Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Gannett

ProsI have been lucky enough to have worked at three Gannett locations in six years. Recently moved back from CH to Delaware for a better opportunity. That's one of the things about this company, there are lots of opportunities even in a difficult job marketplace. Journalists are valued, and I have been through a lot as the company has gone through some unbelievably tough times. But through it all we've served our customers. And I've been able to move ahead, both in job responsibility and compensation.

I've been to several training programs with Gannett, and I think these have given me not only an increase in knowledge but also visibility with editors. That has helped, along with working on some really challenging projects, at allowing me to get ahead. I can only hope that business gets better in these tough times.

ConsIt's not Gannett, but the industry that is going through so many tough times. I see layoffs around the country as newspaper companies downsize. But with all the digital stuff we do, we see some bright lights out there. If we can solve the advertising issue, get some new business, we will survive.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate as much as you can. And communicate in various ways.

Company On The Decline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
White Plains, NY

I worked at Gannett

Pros: 1. The Benefits offered a quite comprehensive. 2. Pretty good comraderie among non-management empoyees. 3. A few highly skilled people… Cons: 1. Poorly organized and structured from corporate to the individual Newspaper level. 2. Extremely bad systems especially the advertising billing system which in the… Advice to Senior Management: Many layoffs and furloughs have taken place at the Journal News which is truly sad for this once proud company. Truthfully the management at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of opportunity

Retail Account Executive (Current Employee)
Asbury Park, NJ

I have been working at Gannett

Pros: A financially sound company, one that has been in a very tough industry that has been beaten up and left for dead but still has… Cons: Our industry is a tough one, and it's harder to sell advertising in this environment. But we have tools available to help and management gives… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate as much as possible with what is going on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gannett.

Worked for Gannett? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gannett reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gannett CEO Gracia Martore. All reviews posted anonymously by Gannett employees.