There are newer employer reviews for Gannett

Editorial Intern at Gannett Custom Media

Former Intern - Editorial in McLean, VA
Former Intern - Editorial in McLean, VA

I worked at Gannett as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Felt like part of the team, no busy work, friendly and approachable employees

Cons

big company, seems hard to move up

reviews filtered by
  1. Not awful, but it could be so much better.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I worked at Gannett full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talented and intelligent co-workers, #1 station in the market, opportunities to contribute to the community's well-being, solid place to get started and learn the ropes

Cons

Internal communication is so bad that the atmosphere, despite the truly good people in the building, can be poisonous. Operations, given the nature of the work, move so quickly those problems fester because they are seldom addressed and attempts to fix them happen even less frequently.

Advice to Management

The problems feel like a failure of leadership, not maliciousness or of bad people. The stated mission and the reality often seemed out of sync. Having a job at WMAZ could be a truly rewarding experience, but communication has to improve first or the tension in the newsroom will continue to affect the quality of an otherwise excellent station.

2. Workers=numbers

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Gannett full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pays well, easy commission dollars, and many positions all over the u.s.

Cons

Everything you do is on a scoring level, from retention calls, handle time, and even attendance. And the upper management does not allow time for meetings so you won't know how well you are doing until things get bad or if you get a perfect score and they announce it. The management team is very low standard and the HR department does not accurately give you info on benefits, time off, etc. I was let go because I was given wrong information about my time off even though I kept asking about it in advance and was told by one HR rep I was ok until I came in to work and my desk was cleaned out.

Advice to Management

Make more time for meetings, allow more leniency for attendance, and open another call center to help bring the call volume and hold time down.

There are newer employer reviews for Gannett