Gannett

www.gannett.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gannett

enjoyed many aspects of the job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asbury Park, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asbury Park, NJ

I worked at Gannett

Pros

good benefits and 401K. Excellent vacation. Health ins. programs ok.

Cons

70% of company laid off in last 12 or so months due to outsourcing and downsizing.

Outsourcing was a hugh mistake. Look what it cost you in the long run. Company going under.

429 Other Employee Reviews for Gannett (View Most Recent)

I gained knowledge of the publishing industry but saw a very bad side of corporate America!

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Neptune, NJ
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Neptune, NJ

I worked at Gannett

Pros

Work was always changing and immediate staff I worked with were good people.

Cons

The property I worked at seemed unprepared to bring its newspaper into current digital technology and keep up with local news. Management was not always helpful in directing its staff.

Management seemed ill fit for most situations and could benefit from some training in advanced management skills.

Not the place it used to be - am glad to be out of there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Gannett

Pros

Very interesting work that is ever changing, lots of opportunities to learn, pretty decent amenities onsite, good benefits and employee discounts.

Cons

No longer matters what you know or how good your work is; quality no longer counts. Promotions and salary increases are based on biased favoritism, depending on who you know and kiss up to. Used to be a very friendly place - no more. Very cut throat, cold, sterile environment. Country club atmosphere due to managers not giving a hoot where their employees are during normal business hours. Morale is poor due to layoffs, furloughs, facility services cuts. People who were let go should not have been, whereas people who deserved to go are still there.

Stop catering and pandering to yourselves and the Board of Directors.

There are newer employer reviews for Gannett