Gap International
www.gapinternational.com Springfield, PA 150 to 499 Employees

Great place for personal and professional growth, loved working there!

Management Consultant (Former Employee)
Springfield, PA

I worked at Gap International full-time for more than a year

ProsNATURE OF WORK: the work that the company does is highly interesting (it's not advisory business services like some other consulting firms, but revolves around the psychology/mindsets of extraordinary performance in business) and young associates get exposure to very high level executives from various industries. Personally, I loved client exposure, because the type of executives who work with Gap tend to be both extremely driven and open-minded. Moreover, every associate is involved in numerous areas (internally and externally with clients) which means that the work is quite diverse and rarely gets monotone.

CULTURE: the company is all about personal growth and you are expected to constantly challenge yourself. There is a lot of training and you would never be penalized because you feel like you do not know how to do something - everyone is extremely supportive. The executives actively seek to mentor and coach the associates which I found very helpful. Above all, the culture is highly entrepreneurial - you are not only allowed, but also encouraged to get involved in areas that interest you. For instance, I was interested in a couple of projects in the Marketing department and asked to get involved, which was met with great support (I had no previous experience in marketing). This gives you agency over your development.

PEOPLE: I loved the people with whom I worked. I left the company because I wanted to go to graduate school, but I was actually very sad to leave my colleagues who were just really awesome people.

ConsPROCESSES: the company is growing very fast which means that some processes that were sufficient previously are no longer so and this sometimes creates bottlenecks. However, it seemed to me that the executives were constantly working on addressing such bottlenecks.

PERSONAL VS. WORK LIFE: not a "con" per se and it was not at all a problem for me, but it was an issue for people who did not enjoy working at the company – the culture is such that the lines between personal life and work blur a little at Gap. People get to know each other very well on a personal level. If you hate talking about your personal life, this might be an issue for you. Personally, I actually really liked the personable culture and retain great friendships even after leaving the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the company's fast growth does not dilute the culture. Upgrade processes to avoid frustrating bottlenecks.

Great co-workers!

I have been working at Gap International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Consistent reviews of your performance Work is always challenging Make an impact… Cons: Night and weekend company meetings Salary not competitive with hours worked Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great for someone who wants a career but can't choose one

Associate (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Gap International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - You get to do whatever you want in the company as long as your prove yourself and hit your extraordinary outcomes - You learn… Cons: - Was somewhat cult-like, it felt like once you were in, you were in for life, and it was very difficult to get out -… Advice to Senior Management: - Be yourselves and stop striving to be just like… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Gap International.

Worked for Gap International? Contribute to the Community!

Gap International – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​Transforming Organizations Transforming the World​​​​​ This is Gap International’s purpose and our only work. For more than 30 years we have built expertise and a track record of results in transforming the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gap International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gap International CEO Pontish Yeramyan. All reviews posted anonymously by Gap International employees.