Gap International

www.gapinternational.com

Interesting company to work for

Consultant (Current Employee) Springfield, PA

ProsGap International engenders a fantastic working atmosphere. There is also ample opportunity to create/carve out your own path. If you have an idea for something or there is a path you want to take, make your case, and management will listen. Oftentimes, they also let you do it. It's not a closed off place. There is a lot of opportunity to travel and meet with clients. There is easy access to senior executives. And they will encourage you to take on challenges. This is not a place where you will get berated for making mistakes. Growth is always encouraged. It's also a company that is growing rapidly and whose business model and products are taking some serious ground.

Consit is a unique business model and the consulting skills you acquire here aren't necessarily transferable. The matrixed nature of the organization spreads some people too thin in terms of handling all job accountabilities. There is an emphasis on business development that is not for everyone. Management is stuck in their ways about certain benefits (i.e., vacation time) and the amount of time they require from you outside of regular business hours for training and development. However, I will say that there is a ton of thought put behind each and every decision they make. It is not like they're out there throwing darts blindfolded. The company does truly care about it's decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're building a great company. However, be a bit more open-minded about changing certain things when employees bring concerns up or you read them on a website like this.

Consultant

Management Consultant (Former Employee) Springfield, PA

I worked at Gap International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Some Travel - Partial Expense Perks - Low Benefits - Lots of down time - You can become a consultant with no experience! - You get really good… Cons: - Once you are in, you are there for a while, never mind experience that you can take with you. After hearing that I was… Advice to Senior Management: It's 2014, not 1993. Think about that next time you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place for personal and professional growth, loved working there!

Management Consultant (Former Employee) Springfield, PA

I worked at Gap International full-time for more than a year

Pros: NATURE OF WORK: the work that the company does is highly interesting (it's not advisory business services like some other consulting firms, but revolves around… Cons: PROCESSES: the company is growing very fast which means that some processes that were sufficient previously are no longer so and this sometimes creates bottlenecks.… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure that the company's fast growth does not dilute… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Gap International.

Worked for Gap International? Contribute to the Community!