Great retail environment

Former Employee - Area Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Area Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Gap

Pros

Wonderful place for advancement. If you are a hard and responsible employee, there is a lot of room for advancement.

Cons

Your working in retail and the hours are always crazy. A management position is a little more flexible with hours.

Advice to Management

Be a team player. If you train a strong team of employees you will progress with the company. Always train someone to replace you.

reviews filtered by
  1. A fun yet fast paced place to work, with managers who are sensitive to necessary time off.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Gap

Pros

From what I have experienced, the managers at Gap Inc. are very flexible with schedules. I had an injury in Jan 2011 and they allowed me to take off as much time as needed to recover, no questions asked. They were respectful in placing me in stationary areas once I returned so I wouldn't have to walk the entire building while I was working.
    Teamwork is very important at Gap Inc. The managers always encourage working together to make a better environment for not only ourselves, but for our customers. This is overall a great place to work.

Cons

With so many employees working in one store, hours per employee are not often abundant, but if you need more hours, the managers do their best to give you more.

Advice to Management

I think the leadership team is doing a great job at Gap Inc. They are very aware of their employees needs and to their best to facilitate them.

2. It was a fun place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Astoria, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Astoria, NY

I have been working at Gap

Pros

The benefits are a HUGE +++. Management is really caring and easy to talk to.

Cons

Sometimes the hours weren't the best. Customers can be REALLY nasty. You have to get at least 1 gap card every 3 shifts or you get the boot.

Advice to Management

More room for advancement within the company would be nice.