i liked it

Pros

I was a retail associate, and even though it wasn't where I expected (or hoped) to be after college, the people I worked with were great, management at my store was easy to approach and cared about their employees, and I felt like the Gap really treated me well.

Cons

It's unbelievable some of the things that customers do, but I guess that's true anywhere. Also, if you prove to be good at getting people to open cards, you may find yourself always ringing, which I found to be monotonous.

Other Employee Reviews for Gap

1. Great place to work in your in Uni/High school, still can be ok if your not at that age

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Gap part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You can get points and trade it in for items - They are good at motivating/recognizing when you do a good job - If you want to work your way to middle management it is possible you just have to put in the time

Cons

Some high school aged co-workers might get more $ than you because they worked there longer The amount of hours you get depends on how much your manager likes you/ values you While you are still new you get called for last minute shifts (but thats a pro if you need the $)

Advice to Management

The managers get transferred a lot adn that can change the dynamic and atmosphere of the work place a lot

2. A taste of the fast pace

Former Employee - Visual Merchandising Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandising Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Gap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My role involved travel & my ideas were taken on board. They saw the true value of tried & tested techniques in store & occasionally would implement them in their stores throughout Europe.

Cons

Long working hours & problems with marketing missing/incorrect.