The Gap Is FUN

Current Employee - Stock Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Stock Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Gap part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The variety of people that shop at the gap makes your day go bye fairly quick. Wearing the clothes that you get for discounted prices is fun also. When I come to work I am happy because everyone is treated fairly.

Cons

There aren't really any cons to working at the gap. The pay is good every two weeks and I love the discounts! I use to work a mc donalds in the city and they only gave me a discount for my break meal, meaning I had to pay full price even on my day off. That's why I am thankful for the gap!

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Gap

1. Great Place to Get PAID

Current Employee - Brand Experience Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Brand Experience Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the gap is a workplace that can potentially pay very well and if in the right store your potential to bonus is huge

Cons

Gaps vision is lacking clarity control and execution. there are limited individuals that can actually teach what success looks like therefor it is more likely to walk into the company and burn out from the inability of leaders to to really understand execution

Advice to Management

get into the stores and do a comprehensive look at what the General Managers are actually doing. Evaluate the competency of leaders and see what results are there and whos behind the success or whos really behind the failures. If failure is consistent then what your store managers are telling you is probably not true.

2. Part-Time Associate

Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Durham, NC

I worked at Gap part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liked the fashion. It was trendy. Great location in the mall. Other associates are usually team players. A lot of work to be done.

Cons

Disorganized management Unpredictable work schedule Last minute scheduling Employee retention low Stressed and unhappy management. Unprofessional management team. Catty leadership environment.

Advice to Management

Give consistent amounts of hours Consistency is key Be professional. You are the examples.