Outlets

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Gap part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good if you have full time, and benefits good after you have worked for the company for more then a year.

Cons

sales associates receive little hours 4-12 a week in factory outlets

Advice to Management

Create goals

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Loved working for the company, it was a great learning experience.

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Gap part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly. With a great working environment to grow and learn the business of retail. They also offer a rewards program where employee can earn points the buy fun things like new computers and cloths etc. . .

Cons

The hours are rough sometimes, when you have early mornings or over night shifts. However working there was always enjoyable no matter what the situation.

2. Eh- I used to love it, Future first-time employees read this as a warning

I have been working at Gap part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First real job. Pay is decent and better than the mall. But my raise was barely over ten cents for working there over a year.

Cons

I don't know why it took me so long to quit with COMPLETE MINIMAL SCHEDULING AND POOR TREATEMENT. If you work where I work: Lack of hours, lack of availability, they don't care what happened and why you missed work. NEVER MISS A DAY, EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW. Ex: if you had a clean record for over half a year, never late besides black friday because it was your first time but miss a weekend out of a SHEER month of not being scheduled, you get yelled at and told you'll be fired because you checked the prior e-mail of no schedule, in the summer, with full availability. BUT when you bring it up they will say They're running a business, it's not their fault. Then they will make it blatantly obvious that they called another employee twice over the weekend and left messages asking why they didn't come in, then being asked about termination, they will say give them another chance. ALL on the walkie system while you're working. They are very unfair and biased. They treat you like a stupid employee, constantly tell you what you should be doing, although you ARE doing it.
    To request off: the only way is in the system, or calling in to a manager 2+ weeks in advance. When they hired me they knew I had a sport the following year I made varsity, and after I warned them a month in advance, they told me to put it in the system the next time im working because it was too early to do so, every week i worked after that i was called out because of "lack of sales" Then im scheduled and my parents and i fought for over half an hour saying I warned them so far ahead that I had a varsity game, and they still had difficulty removing my 2 hour shift, which is all i get.
    If you don't have a life outside of school, its a great job because you'll get hours, if your busy and things pop up unexpectedly, forget it- you might as well sign your name saying you quit when that happens.

Advice to Management

My GM: You're literally horrible. stop being such an X manager-type. You're only that way to me. It makes me feel like I'm treated differently, and instances have occurred enough that I no longer care about working there. When I was hired I loved working there, I always smiled and greeted customers. Store managers: Remember if your employees has no't seen the store in weeks, don't expect them to know where everything is within the first minute and get annoyed when they can't help a customer like that -finger snap-. Also, if an employee asks to be trained on the cashier so they don't spend their day in the fitting room: train them. IT'S INCREDIBLY BAD MANAGEMENT when you're employees are walking around the store and there's extra cashiers open even with the managers ringing. and the cash wrap line is making its way around the store. it makes you and me look bad.