Its a good company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Gap part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its call it a part-time job for me, there is always hours for you if you are a good worker. Opportunity of grow its available. Everything depends of yourself.

Cons

must speak 3 languages ( Orlando area). English, Spanish and Portuguese. Sometimes you get confuse but its possible.

Advice to Management

I would said, they should consider more in salaries increases

Other Employee Reviews for Gap

1. good store employee benefits

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gap part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good employee discounts on GAP, BR, and Old Navy.

Cons

They should show people how to fold clothes the way the want to.

Advice to Management

The process of getting the store ready when a shipment arrives is very poor. There needs to be a better process.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Gap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of the people I worked with were dedicated to the job, but were hampered by the management's unwillingness to support the projects.

Cons

A lot of the management were woofully inept in their jobs. It seemed to a lot of the teams that the Sr. Managers and Directors were promoted due to their tenure and not because of their ability to actually do the job. Backstabbing and "miscommunications" were rampant and very common. Nobody trusted anyone else in the teams. Very glum work environment. Our department treated the contract workers like 2nd class citizens - often purposefully leaving them out of "team-building" events even though they were eligible to participate. I've even witnessed one employee work for another LARGE company from her Gap desk. There was supposed to be supporting the rest of the team, but was busy doing her other job at the same time. Such a fail.

Advice to Management

Please get rid of the fat! There are so many people that just lounge around all day doing nothing in their jobs. Nepotism is rampant - managers give easy assignments to the people they know and and constantly throwing other team members under the bus.