There are newer employer reviews for Gap

Great company to grow and flourish

Former Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Gap full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, company values, growth opportunity, global brand

Cons

Job function became over complicated, too many competing priorities, promotions bottlenecked

Advice to Management

Simplify and focus on key fundamentals which drive bottom line, store experience and customer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good brand values. Terrible store.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Gap part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not have been more in love with all of the brand values and what the company actually stood for and what it was in corporate level. It paid very well for a part time job. Amazing discount.

Cons

Our actual store was terrible. We met all of our sales goals but not without people being complete jerks about it. The managers did not embody what gap actually was. It pretty much became a bunch of cliquey people backstabbing each other.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what actually goes on in the stores. Communicate more with actual sales associates rather than managers who can obviously lie to just make themselves look good.

2. Seasonal Employee

I worked at Gap part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wanted a part time job over the holidays to supplement my income and get a decent discount of clothes/gifts. Overall working at The Gap was a positive experience. Especially for seasonal employees, they basically just throw you on the sales floor. It's really not that challenging to fold clothes.

Cons

I didn't enjoy pushing credit cards on people. It's awkward and people don't like to be bothered while shopping. Also they kept ALL of the seasonal employees on after the holidays and gave everyone only 4 hours to work each week. I quit because I wanted my hours to go to the non-seasonal employees that actually needed the hours.

Advice to Management

Use seasonal employees for just the Holiday! When January comes and the rush is over, let them go.