Great quality of life

Former Employee - Real Estate Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Real Estate Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Gap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great perks, work/life balance. The offices, cafeteria and facilities are generally great. Fantastic co-workers as well.

Cons

Large organization with many layers of management. Office politics seem to hold things up at times. Even simple tasks like getting IT support can be a major headache.

Other Employee Reviews for Gap

1. Best retail job you'll have!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Gap part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at baby GAP for the past 5 months and I couldn't be happier. The instant I got hired I was surrounded by amazing managers and co workers, they go out of their way to train you and teach you everything you need to know. They are super flexible with schedules and vacation days. On the events we have for GAP we go full out and it's so fun to work with people who are passionate about the company. Career opportunities are offered as well.

Cons

It was a bit stressful with how the management pushed us to sell the GAP credit cards - I considered myself a great sales associate but when it came to GAP cards that was one area that just didn't like. I've never had to go through a boot camp but apparently they exist to help associates sell more cards!

2. The Gap is like Family!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Gap part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid company. Very understanding. The community is great in helping and encouraging one another to grow. The training is easy to understand and very helpful when doing other things around the store.

Cons

None that I can think of!