Garan

www.garanimals.com

If you are smart and hard working, there is no better place in this industry to work.

Planner (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI was surprised by some of the comments about benefits and time off. While Garan does not have a 401k, instead there is a defined pension plan that is much safer than the volatile 401k's. The medical plan is amazing with very little out-of-pocket expense to me. We get 10-12 days of paid holidays in addition to our vacation time. It is also not unusual for the office to close an extra day over a holiday weekend as an additional "thank you" for our hard work! The occasional sick/personal day is not deducted from our vacation time, unlike most companies I have worked. Garan is a profitable, financially stable company owned by Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway. From my experience, Garan pays a competitive salary and has shown me that if you are smart and work hard, Garan will reward you. I'm proud to be part of the Garan family.

ConsIt is true Garan is not an "easy" place to work, but if you work smart, efficiently and are passionate about what you do, you will succeed. If your looking for a place to just "get by" this isn't the place for you. Hours can be long during crunch times, but that is nothing unusual for this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the multitude of tasks to complete in such a fast-paced environment, it can be difficult to step back and understand the big picture strategy of the company. It would be helpful to hear from executive management more frequently on what's working, what's not, and where our efforts should be focused.

Interview and proceed with caution!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Garan

Pros: Good Salary for NY location You will learn a lot about analytics… Cons: No Work/Family Balance.. At alll.. Period... Sr. Management difficult to work with in most cases Nepetism is a huge… Advice to Senior Management: Start by getting new and fresh management to shake things up. The company has turned into a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Would avoid if you enjoy having a life outside of work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Garan

Pros: Good Salaries, Prime location, fast paced work environment, Highly analytical Cons: Favorites are played with pretty much everything involving people development Works like a clique factory in the organization Rampant nepetism in… Advice to Senior Management: Teach upper managment how to relate to employees. Everything should not end in managment losing their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Garan.

Worked for Garan? Contribute to the Community!