Garda Cash Logistics

www.gardaglobal.com
  www.gardaglobal.com
There are newer employer reviews for Garda Cash Logistics

Sales

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I feel that everyone at the Branch level was working to build and maintain a good organization.

Cons

VP - Sales' Variable Incentive Plan. Never knew if you would get a quarterly bonus and if you did get one, it was never paid when it was supposed to be. Also, he drove off Top 2 Sales Leaders.

Do connect to a 'Luxury Jeweler" on LinkedIn and boast about your new road bike after you RIF 162 employees.

108 Other Employee Reviews for Garda Cash Logistics (View Most Recent)

Clueless Management..overworked..underpaid..unappreciated employees

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

I have been working at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are great. It's a job.

Cons

Management are a bunch of talking heads who have no clue how to run a logistics company. Too many good dedicated people have been let go or quit because they are just a number to management. Bills are not paid..our guys and gals are in such peril because of impossible quotas and unsafe trucks. The employees you never see are so overloaded and underappreciated! I used to be proud to work here! No appreciation fir the minions!

When the people who care no longer care..you are screwdriver!pull your head out and listen to the people that know this business that still work for you..the few that are left so this company doesn't implore from the inside out!

Worst company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Messenger/Driver
    Former Employee - Messenger/Driver

I worked at Garda Cash Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Building relationships with customers. It can lead to new job opportunities.

Paychecks don't bounce (for now!).

Quick and short commute to and from my branch. Not my route, my commute to and from home.

Cons

Considering we transport something EVERYONE wants more of (money), and we have to carry a weapon, the pay is extremely low. I've been told that before Garda bought the company my brach use to be, a lot more money was made. Garda took over and changed the pay system and took a lot of money away from employees.

Branch management are just puppets. They have no control over anything. They often get blown off by HR and accounts payable.

This one seems very popular in other reviews... Run down trucks. Agreed!! The company has horrible fleet management. Out trucks are topping 500,000 miles and break down a lot. A/C, worn tires that finally blow, and electronic issues are just the tip of the iceberg. Trucks are rusting and there is no preventative maintenance what so ever.

Employees that should be fired are not. The company has a hiring freeze and just laid off the newest hire from each branch. Instead of asking local managers who they feel should lose their job, they just picked the new hire. The local management won't request a termination to HR because most branches are working at a minimum capacity of employees. So the customers and other employees on the route suffer because of an unprofessional employee.

Garda tried to get too big too fast. They didn't build a reputation in the armored car business like Brinks. Instead they went around and bought up a lot of failing or smaller companies and took over their business. They bought their way in. And now their operating cost is more that their income.

They recently hired an investment company to help fund the massive wound that is bleeding money. They also have begun a "rebranding". Now it's Garda World.

Disloyal coworkers. Some coworkers will purposely make your day harder for lots of reasons... They want to milk the clock, so your day is longer than it needs to be. They are rude to the same customers your not rude too. Now you have to do damage control. This list can go on and on...

Morale is very low. So low that it was hard to go to work everyday.

No career growth. No support by the company to make yourself better and a more valuable employee. It's a job, not a career.

I would say to start terminating the above branch level management, but they've already done that, a lot.

Implement a better fleet system. Trucks with 500,000 miles is not safe.

Raise the base pay.

Make the work environment more employee friendly. Make it so employees want to work there!!!

Discipline unprofessional employees.